Activated Almond Butter
This is so easy and so good for you. Make sure you soak and dehydrate the almonds to reduce phytic acid and increase nutrition absorption.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 cup almonds preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Soak almonds overnight. See article on soaking nuts here
- Drain almonds
- Dehydrate in oven 120°C for an hour, rotating at 30 min mark
- Blend in powerful high speed blender.
- This stage takes a while and you should stop and push down the almonds as you mix
- Add coconut oil ½ tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you like
- Once you achieve the consistency you like, spoon into sterilised glass jars and store for up to three weeks.
Recipe makes 16 servings Nutritional information for 1 serving