Asian Baked Fish
This nutritious Asian Baked Fish recipe is not only easy but tastes delicious and it’s very low in calories. Try to choose thick fish fillets but any will do. You can marinate the fish before you go to work, then simply pop it in the oven with vegetables for a quick, nutritious, delicious dinner. I usually make extra to use in a rainbow bowl for lunch the next day.
- 2 x 150g firm thick white fish fillets snapper or hoki or barramundi
- 200 g cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon mirin
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce salt reduced or tamari
- ½ tsp. chilli paste optional
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Line a baking tray or dish with baking paper, place fish fillets on paper.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl. With a pastry brush coat the top of the fish with the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins then take out of oven and drizzle or baste the remaining sauce over the fish and cook a further 10 mins. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
- Sprinkle the fish with sesame seeds. Serve with vegetables