Try these tips to reduce stress
- Try diaphragmatic breathing 2 or more times a day and when under pressure. Read about it here
- The benefits are yoga are numerous. Read the article on stress which includes studies on the benefits of yoga
- Try meditation for 5 mins each day, increasing to 10 mins, 15mins etc. If you need assistance meditation, try apps like insight timer, smiling mind, headspace, calm
- There are a number of relaxation techniques to investigate. Read the article on the benefits of relaxation techniques
- Try using a gratitude journal and jotting down all the things you are grateful for at the end of each day
- Think about what is making you busy, dissect it, what can you eliminate from your day?
- Think about your current stress coping strategies, some examples might be eating, drinking, drugs, socialising. What can you do to change them?
- Break bad habits by identifying the cue (trigger), routine and reward associated with the habit. Figure out out the cue/trigger and change the routine and reward to break the habit