- 2 cups of organic buckwheat groats soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons whey or kefir or apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds pre-soaked for 10-20 minutes
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic sultanas or currants
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight (8 hours) in kefir, whey or apple cider vinegar. Add enough filtered water to cover the groats by 2cm
- Rinse well and drain
- In saucepan cook buckwheat, coconut milk and water with spices and salt stir for one minute. use a whisk to blend well.
- Add sultanas, coconut and chia seeds cook for 10 minutes or the consistency is to your liking. Add honey to taste.