Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional or pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup 72 g* almond flour (Almond Meal)
- 1/4 cup 26g* coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs or for Vegan option, replace with 3 x Chia Seed eggs**
- 1 cup 250 g of mashed banana (about 2 very ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses* – could also use maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup about 60 grams chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup) raisins dates or prunes
- Preheat your oven to 180° C – middle rack.
- Line small loaf tin (20cm x 10cm) with baking paper.
- Using a fork blend all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients together, blend well, and then mix them into the dry ingredients. Mix to ensure well blended.
- Top with slivered almonds or shredded coconut, if desired.
- Bake for 40-50 mins or until the top is browned and a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- (I tend to cook for closer to 50 mins.)
- Makes one loaf — Servings: 8-10
* All of these can be found in the supermarket Rice syrup cheaper option and slower release sugar. ** Vegan option egg replacement: 1 egg = 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds mixed with 2.5-3 tablespoons water. Mix and leave to thicken for @ 15mins Adapted from: comfybell.com