Green Pea Fritter
Servings: 4 Fritters
- 200 g organic peas
- 1/2 red onion.
- 1/4 cup green banana flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ghee or lard
- 1 handful mint and coriander
- 50 g Bulgarian feta
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 poached eggs
- Blanch peas for 10 seconds in boiling water, strain and cool.
- In a food processor add blanched peas, diced red onion, flour and 2 eggs. Pulse the food processor until half the peas are blended. Season as necessary.
- In a hot pan add coconut oil and fry about 1 cup of pea mix until golden brown. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
- Place cooked pea pancake on a plate and garnish with fresh herbs, feta, avocado and a poached egg.
- Serve with tomato relish or chilli sauce
Nutritional information is based on 2 people eating 2 fritters each. To reduce calories, serve 1 fritter per person. Fritters can be frozen