Slow Cooker Chicken and Dates
This dish is delicious as well as easy. Simply put all ingredients in the slow cooker and it's done!
- 1 kilo organic chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 large red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pitted dates chopped
- 1 preserved lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or filtered water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Rub 1 teaspoon of Celtic salt over the chicken thighs. Let sit while you prep the other ingredients.
- Combine paprika, ground ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, allspice, crushed fennel seeds, and nutmeg to small bowl
- Place onion at the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add water.
- Layer the chicken pieces on top of the onions. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken. Ensure you use all of the spice mix.
- Add the garlic, green olives, dates, raisins, and lemon slices
- Cook on the high setting of the slow cooker for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or 4 to 5 hours on the low setting.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir the ingredients to ensure the lemons olives, dates and raisins get mixed into the liquid.
- The chicken is done when it falls from the bone