This turmeric paste is great for arthritis as Golden Turmeric milk drink or mixed with water, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar as a morning tonic
Yield: 2 cups
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp organic ginger powder
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup organic turmeric powder
- 1½ cups filtered water plus ½ cup more
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey optional
- Combine pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine turmeric and 1 and ½ cups of water in a small pot, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Bring mixture to a very gentle simmer and add another ½ cup of water. Continue to stir with wooden spoon.
- Add mixed spices and continue to cook and stir on low for 3 minutes, until you have a thick and smooth paste.
- Turn off heat and add fat of choice. Continue to stir until completely smooth.
- Add optional sweetener while the mixture cools.
- Transfer to clean glass jar. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Place lid on jar after the mixture has completely cooled (about 30-60 minutes). Stire to prevent separation and store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Honey is optional.
This paste is a great tonic for arthritis. Simply add warm water to one heaped teaspoon paste.
I use it as a morning tonic. I combine 1 teaspoon paste to warm water, lemon juice, fresh ginger and apple cider vinegar and have first thing each morning
The paste should last in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Simply use a fresh spoon each time. Alternatively, you can freeze a portion for later use.
This paste can be used for Golden Turmeric Milk. Use one teaspoon to warm milk add honey to taste.
Nutritional Information does not include sweetener.